1. Jumbo Hostel (Stockholm): World's First Aircraft Inn
Each room is bare 65 square ft big and furnished with bunk beds, overhead luggage storage and flat-screen TVs. There is a reception area and a cafe with toilets and showers at the rear of the aircraft, which means that you will have to share! The upper deck is a conference room and the best of all, the cockpit is where the wedding suite is housed.
Not a very comfy hotel I would think, but staying there just to get a feel of it might be cool.
2. Everland (Paris): a single room roof top mobile luxury hotel
Considering how unique a night in this hotel is, the price is not so crazy: you can get the only room and the unique view for 333 Euros during the week, 444 Euros during the weekends.
3. Hôtel de Glace (Canada): made entirely out of ice and snow
4. Waterworld Hotel (China): an amazing aquatic themed hotel
5. Sala Silvergruva (Sweden): a single room hotel inside a silver mine
If you wake up in the middle of the night and have to use the bathroom, make sure you turn right or else you'll end up exploring dark winding galleries, vast caverns and magic lakes.
6. Capsule Hotel (Netherlands): a hotel made out of a survival pod
First created for accommodation as an art project in 2004, owner Denis Oudendijk has 8 different models ready for use and is currently working on additional locations in central Amsterdam and Nantes, France.
7. The De Vrouwe van Stavoren Hotel (Netherlands): made from recycled wine barrels
The one thing that might bother you, if you're not a wine enthusiast, is the smell of wine that the barrels still maintain. All in all the Barrel Hotel, in Stavoren, northern Netherlands, makes for a very pleasurable experience. General rates for a cask room are from 74-119 Euros a night with discounts of up to 75% off depending on season. If you go in the wintertime, a wine cask room can be as low as 18 Euros a night, cheaper than most hostels.
8. Giraffe Manor (Kenya): where you dine with a friendly giraffe
As well as the giraffe, the property is also home to many species of birds, large families of warthogs and the elusive Bush Buck.
9. Das Park Hotel (Austria): where rooms are made of concrete pipes
With the amazing view below there is little else needed, except if you're staying in bed past 10am, when pajamas would be a wise thing to wear, as although you can look out - tourists can look in.
10. Hotel Im Wasserturm (Germany): inside a water tower
Classified as a heritage site, the timeless modern design still manages to preserve the water-tower architecture and a sense of refuge and protection.